Friday, April 25, 2008

Pinwheels






When I saw the little patterned squares we were to use as this months Blog Hop Challenge, I imeadiately thought of the 4th grade when Mrs. Wilcox taught us how to make tiny pinwheels on the ends of our pencils using a tiny square of paper and a sewing pin. (Yes, they do spin too.)

So for my card I couldn't resist using the squares to make tiny pinwheels. I cut out the squares and placed two back to back so that when I folded the pinwheels there wouldn't be all the white showing, (Like the one on the pencil has,) but rather a different pattern. I cut an "X" in from the corners being carefull not to go all the way to the center. I used gold mini brads to hold down my folds and adheared them to their "handles" with a foam dot. I stamped "Joy" in the "grass" with SU's Chocolate Chip ink. Then I layered my scene onto brown carsdtock and attached it to a Vanilla base card.

14 comments:

stampintildawn said...

very cute!

Kim Marie said...

Adorable idea!
I buy myself a new pinwheel every spring! I love them!
Kim Marie

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Very Cute. I love them!!

Annapurna said...

What a cute idea! Lovely card.

ohradiogirl said...

Nice job w/the wind mills. Thanks for sharing.

ohradiogirl said...

Wind mills ... pinwheels ... :-)

Niki Estes said...

What a cute idea!

Scrapping Julie said...

cute!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

what a super idea!! I love it!!! tfs!!! :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

VEry clever windmills!!

Lori said...

So cute! This is a perfect springtime card.

Deanna said...

Super cute little mini pin wheels!

Allison Cope said...

Cute idea! gREAT USE OF THE PAPERS!

One Creative Life said...

Simple and adorable! Love the pinwheel idea!~erica