Friday, June 27, 2008

Paisley Bliss

This card was one of two cards and a tag inspired by the Unity Sketch (above) on Wednesday. I decided to go with flowers instead of a ribbon because these Prima's from the Flower of the Month collection went so well with the patterned paper. After I glued down my punched leaves, I ran a line of sticky strip across where the leaves met the paper. Then I just added flowers from the center out and added some sticky gems I found to the centers.
I knew I wanted to use the CM paisley punch for my "sentiment circle" somehow. The punched paisley actually has a flower inside, so I needed to make a new center for my sentiment. First I punched a scrap paisley and cut out the center. Then I stamped my sentiment and laid the template over it and traced the shape. I cut my new center out and glued it onto my celerey paisley. I added a Gem to it's "tail" and attached it with dimensional dots. My sentiment is on the opposite side because I just thought it seemed to work better there.


No comments: