Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Joyful Sunflower

Can you tell I'm just in Love with this Make It Monday Idea from PTI? I can't stop playing with it! For my Joyful Sunflower I used Kraft and Summer Sunrise cardstock along with some wide celery green ribbon I already had on hand. First I cut my center circle and stamped several "Joy" stamps along with the stitches from Holiday Button Bits (the stitches at top and bottom, are hard to see in the photo) over it in several shades of brown and sponged the edge. Then I punched hearts from the sheet of Summer Sunrise and sponged those before layering in a circle along the edge of the back.
Then I cut a round card and made an outer layer of heart/petals on the top of it. I used foam dots to pop the top layer up a bit and allow me to tuck and glue my folded ribon leaves in between the petal layers (On the oposite diagonal as the sentiment)

Finally I trimmed just a tad off the bottom of the back of the card to help it stand up and keep it from rolling.
This one is my favorite so far!
And wouldn't it be cool done in reds for Christmas too?


1 comment:

Kristii said...

What a pretty card!!! Such a great idea!!! Thanks for the inspiration!